Marina Zurkow, Katie Salen and Nancy Nowacek
Performance, software, truck, icies, squirrel emcee, lights, web site
Music: Lem Jay Ignacio
Commissioned for ZeroOne San Jose: A Global Festival of Art on the Edge,CADRE / SJSU, and the Montalvo Arts Center Sally and Don Lucas Artists Programs.
Designed and produced in collaboration with students and graduates of the San Jose State Cadre Laboratory for New Media
Proper Pop Protocol:
10 Steps to Achieve Karaoke Wonder
1. Resist the urge to stare at your feet. You'll miss the cue from the squirrel.
2. When attempting to sing Hey Ya by Outkast, remember that vowels too can be words.
3. Avoid gazing directly into the mirror ball.
4. If you lose your place, make it up.
5. Try the "Wedge and Pry:" signature dance move of the oyster shuck.
6. Bring friends. Safety comes in numbers.
7. Try turning Ring of Fire into a sing along.
8. Save the stage diving for the pool.
9. Aretha Franklin has soul. You may not. So what.
10. Take precaution when attempting to Flip It and Reverse It.
Project site: http://karaokeice.com/home/
L.A. site: http://www.myspace.com/karaokeice
KARAOKE ICE documentation
Remedios the Squirrel Cub with ice pops (photo: Nancy Nowacek)